How do I clear the list of recent user names in "Sign in to network"?

A

AC Question

When I go to "Sign in to network" on an Android smartphone, I type in the user name and password. However, I made a few typos in the user name and they were added to the list, despite them being incorrect. Thus, the incorrect user names kept adding to the history of user names used to sign in on the network. It makes it harder to find which one is the correct username. The long list of user names would cause me to be accidentally locked out of the network.

It would be good if there is a way to clear the list of recent user names. Thank you.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I am the person who requested this.

Unfortunately, long-pressing names don't do anything, except adding those names to the field.

It would be very bad if I am forced to have the phone factory reset.

Hi, thanks for signing in and welcome as a new member!. There are a couple of things to try before a factory reset. I'll try to force my network sign in and check a couple of things. I'll let you know if I find something. First thing could be clearing cache or even data for the app sending the sign in request. I've never gone into that detail but you could try a long press on the notification and see what it says under info.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
It's possible that the sign in notification comes from a system app that you can't access unless you root your phone. I managed to get the sign in request, but unfortunately before I got to play with it I heard my son screaming from his room "done daddy", so I missed the chance :)

You can always use your browser to sign in the captive portal and it will remember you username and password if you fancy that. This is what I do instead of typing both in the system screen. Also, there are some apps in the Play Store that can sign in automatically once the request is detected. I haven't used any of them though.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Just a thought. Check if you get the same user list if you sign from your default browser. Maybe clearing browsing data (cookies, cache and site data) would do the trick. Be aware that you will also clear information related to other sites as well.

Or even better. Open your browser settings, privacy, all sites, search for the login page using the magnifying glass and clear. This is how it looks in Chrome.

Attachments

• 1453653665452.jpg
    1453653665452.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 1

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2