I can't connect my htc to my computer

A

AC Question

I all, I have a HTC M7 mini, - quite an old phone now - and i'm trying to connect it to my computer via a usb to transfer all my files. I first tried this on a mac and then a windows pc, neither worker. I did a quick search on forums and the on the htc support website, however they all say that the phone "should" prompt you as to which type of connection you want as soon as it recognises a pc, and that the pc "should" acknowledge the phone. Or if not there "should" be a section in the phones settings allowing you to select the connection type. However after looking countless times in every section of the phones menu there is nothing what so ever about selecting a usb connection type or about how to connect it to a pc. Please help. And before anyone says check the pc's usb ports or the cable, trust me I've done that.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You've checked the cable--but does this mean you've tried different cables? Cables can fail, and sometimes a cable that works for one device won't work for another.

Also, make sure the PC has the proper HTC drivers installed: Download HTC Sync Manager

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois