Battery virus (4)

CapeCounty

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
This morning I was looking at a website I believe it was healthyfoodie.com and I pop up came on my screen saying that my battery was seriously damaged by the (4)VIRUS and remove it immediately. I did that and then replaced it with another one. Upon restarting it went into safe mode. Does this mean I have a virus and if so how do I get rid of it. Also do I throw away my battery??

Also never really thought of this but the site I was on truly seemed legit. It was a recipe type blog......how can I alert the site of this problem.

CapeCounty

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Pop up virus on my Samsung Galaxy S4

Had a screen pop up this morning while searching the web. I was on a food blog that seemed very legit.
The pop up screen said that the (4) virus had seriously damaged my battery and to remove it immediately.
I did that and replaced it with a spare and it restarted in SAFE mode.
Does this mean I have a virus if so how do I get rid of it
Also is this battery NG - how do I evaluate that

I found an older thread about this with 2 responses but they did not seem to remotely answer the question at all.

I have another question if this is a virus how do you alert the site that they have virus without going back on the site as I will not re-enter that site.

Thank you

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Those kinds of popups are totally bogus scare ads that try to lure you into installing some "antivirus" app that is probably itself malicious. Never tap on any links in popups like that.

I suggest powering the phone down, putting the original battery in, then powering back on normally. Does it still boot into Safe Mode? Did you actually tap on anything that was in that popup?

EDIT: Merged threads

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12