The car charger would not charge phone this morning. It is an older droid razr all stock, very few apps, nothing new. Took it to Verizon, they tried their charger, said my port was malfunctioning. Phone died from completely dead battery. Now at home and plugged into wall charger. Steady green light. Phone turns itself on, boots up to red eye, flashes red in the upper left corner twice slowly, and turns off. I once in a while see "powering off" box over my lockscreen, but only for the briefest of seconds. Tried power reset, removing sim card, and the phone persists in doing this on and off thing every minute or so ... It will not stop. Tried press and hold power, press and hold power and volume .. it's still going! I feel like it will never charge past base charge because it immediately turns on, using what little battery it may have gained in the last minute.

Also I have to say this website is freaking slow, is it the ads? It won't even scroll properly.
    01-20-2016 09:06 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! If the microUSB port is damaged (as the Verizon rep thought), that means you can't charge up the battery, and that can lead to the phone not being able to power up adequately. You'd have to get the port replaced.

The site isn't slow for me on my Chromebook at the local Starbucks. It could be your connection, or a temporary slowdown of the server. You can reduce the number of ads by registering on the forums.
    01-21-2016 01:08 PM