Hi! I have a problem (what a surprise, right?)

I have an S5 Active through AT&T which contains photos and text messages that I need to have access to for some legal issues with my nightmare landlord and her troglodyte halfwit son.

The screen is broken. Like, all the way broken. Not a pixel in sight.

I was able to hook up the phone via USB and upload all of the pictures to my dropbox.

What I need even more than the pictures, are the text messages.

I've tried about half a dozen various backup programs but all of them require the phone to be in USB debugging mode before it can access that portion of the phone.

Edit: let me add some valuable information here, that I can't turn on USB debugging, with the screen being the way it is. I've read reports of people who were able to navigate to and turn that feature on, by pressing blindly on the appropriate areas, but my screen has no response to touch. Bummer.

One piece of software claimed it didn't need USB debugging, but rather that the phone be in download mode (turn off the device, press and hold one of the volume keys and the home button, etc.) That never seemed to work, either.

Insurance has sent me a replacement phone. They want the old phone back. They're calling me daily, to remind me. I can't give the phone back to them until I get this data, and I am willing to do whatever is necessary to get access to this data. Before they send big Tony to my house to hobble me, would be great.

What are my options, guys?

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-21-2016 08:13 AM
    If your new device is a Samsung use Smart Switch to retrieve your data
    01-21-2016 08:29 AM