Hi guys,
    So here are the details and sorry that it's so much to read I rather be more descriptive so you all know exactly what's going on : since I got my phone 2 years ago, I had saved many videos and pictures on to my external SD card since the very beginning. There was never an issue there. Recently, I ran out of storage on that SD card so I decided to get a new one. Last night I took my old SD and moved the files on to my computer, so I could free up the card and give it to my sister (I didn't format the card or anything, simply transferred all the files to the laptop.) Then I safely removed the old SD card from laptop and inserted the new one. Took all the files that were on the laptop and saved it to the SD card (they are all no longer on the computer) It was going very smooth, all the files and albums had transferred and then, here's where the problems began, ONE of the albums with over 800 pictures would not "Move" or "Copy" on to the new SD, which your can still see on the laptop .. so I tried to move it a different way. I safely removed the sd card from laptop, put it back in my phone, Plugged my phone to laptop via USB and tried to do it that way. Still no luck. I kept getting "This file was not able to move" with the options to -Try Again-Skip file-Cancel. I tried "Try Again" many times with the first couple files and then decided to "Skip File" since it would ask the same thing for the same file everytime I hit try again . I was able to move around 70-80 pictures from that file. So I gave it another shot to move the rest of the files the same way. When I opened up the folder with all my picture albums on the new SD card through my laptop i was only able to see little icons for TWO out of 5 the albums and the one album that wouldn't transfer is still visible and on the computer. At that moment I noticed that there was also a new album "LOST.DIR" which is empty. I went to my phone and same thing-2 albums have corrupt photos and videos and one album missing. I can't see them, just a little icon. But If I click on the menu on these pictures and go to "More Info" it gives me the date and file name, meaning they still exist some how. That being said I'm missing 3 files. 2 corrupt and one that won't "move". I really need someone's help. I would love it if I could retrieve the corrupt files on to the new SD card and be able to move the other file over. Or I would even be happy if u could transfer the corrupt files back on to the old sd card, but since they are corrupt I don't know if that's even possible to do. All I know is I don't want them on the laptop. I want them on my new or old SD card. I'm devastated, I have very valuable pictures and photos (God Daughter born, my best friends funeral, mom's wedding, baby brother and sister) they mean the world to me... I was literally in tears all morning. I would be beyond grateful if someone could figure this out for me.
    Please and thank you !
    01-23-2016 09:04 AM
    Hi guys,
    So here are the details and sorry that it's so much to read I rather be more descriptive so you all know exactly what's going on : since I got my phone 2 years ago, I had saved many videos and pictures on to my external SD card since the very beginning. There was never an issue there. Recently, I ran out of storage on that SD card so I decided to get a new one. Last night I took my old SD and moved the files on to my computer, so I could free up the card and give it to my sister (I didn't format the card or anything, simply transferred all the files to the laptop.) Then I safely removed the old SD card from laptop and inserted the new one. Took all the files that were on the laptop and saved it to the SD card (they are all no longer on the computer) It was going very smooth, all the files and albums had transferred and then, here's where the problems began, ONE of the albums with over 800 pictures would not "Move" or "Copy" on to the new SD, which your can still see on the laptop .. so I tried to move it a different way. I safely removed the sd card from laptop, put it back in my phone, Plugged my phone to laptop via USB and tried to do it that way. Still no luck. I kept getting "This file was not able to move" with the options to -Try Again-Skip file-Cancel. I tried "Try Again" many times with the first couple files and then decided to "Skip File" since it would ask the same thing for the same file everytime I hit try again . I was able to move around 70-80 pictures from that file. So I gave it another shot to move the rest of the files the same way. When I opened up the folder with all my picture albums on the new SD card through my laptop i was only able to see little icons for TWO out of 5 the albums and the one album that wouldn't transfer is still visible and on the computer. At that moment I noticed that there was also a new album "LOST.DIR" which is empty. I went to my phone and same thing-2 albums have corrupt photos and videos and one album missing. I can't see them, just a little icon. But If I click on the menu on these pictures and go to "More Info" it gives me the date and file name, meaning they still exist some how. That being said I'm missing 3 files. 2 corrupt and one that won't "move". I really need someone's help. I would love it if I could retrieve the corrupt files on to the new SD card and be able to move the other file over. Or I would even be happy if u could transfer the corrupt files back on to the old sd card, but since they are corrupt I don't know if that's even possible to do. All I know is I don't want them on the laptop. I want them on my new or old SD card. I'm devastated, I have very valuable pictures and photos (God Daughter born, my best friends funeral, mom's wedding, baby brother and sister) they mean the world to me... I was literally in tears all morning. I would be beyond grateful if someone could figure this out for me.
    Please and thank you !
    Try image repair utilities
    01-23-2016 09:38 AM
    Try PhotoRec on the old card to restore anything that's still recoverable. (Instructions at PhotoRec Step By Step.)

In the future, don't move files, copy them. Then, if the copy is successful, delete the originals.

Also, don't copy too many files at once by USB - many USB chipsets can't handle the load, overheat and corrupt the files before failing. The old file gets deleted, then you get the failure notification, and it's too late.

Lastly, get a good card reader (the Anker 8-in-1 works nicely and is only about $8) - you'll need one to use PhotoRec anyway - and do all transfers in the laptop, without involving the phone. It's safer and it's a lot faster.
    01-24-2016 12:06 PM