Note 4 not fast charging

2senpai4u

I bought this Verizon note 4 last march, and it hasn't fast charged for a couple of months. The battery is also getting worse every day. I've replaced the charging block, cable, and battery but none of these seemed to make it fast charge again, so today I factory reset it, but it still doesn't fast charge, and the battery isn't any better as well. What should I do to fix it? Also, the cable is pushed all the way into the charging block slot.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It could be the microUSB port. Look to see if it's damaged or dirty. Even if it looks pristine, it could be faulty, so you might have to get the port replaced.

What's the problem with the new battery? Does it drain quickly? Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

Mozilla214

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It could be the microUSB port. Look to see if it's damaged or dirty. Even if it looks pristine, it could be faulty, so you might have to get the port replaced.

What's the problem with the new battery? Does it drain quickly? Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

my note 4 is charging very slow even with quick charged mode turned on. but the thing is that my phone isnt displaying any quick charge notification
* Charging very slowly
* Charging status indicates USB Charging
* isnt recognized by pc so i can see my files inside the phone, only charges while connected even though settings as set to act as a media storage when it is connected by usb
* tried reseting phone and updating, clearing cache, & still nothing
* tried various chargers and USB
* also other batteries
will replacing the charge dock port fix my problem?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you using the original Samsung charger and cable? If so, then can you try a new Samsung charger/cable? You could always bring it to your wireless store or a Best Buy and ask them to test out the charging using one of their genuine chargers.