This has happened 3 times now. 1st 2 times, only my settings got erased (vibrate on text input, ringtones, widgets getting deleted) so I said, fine, I could live with it. This morning, I woke up and booted my phone to find out that 1 month's worth of apps got deleted. It's like the phone restored to a previous point in time. What the hell. The save files for my games, all gone. My Pocket Mortys file, gone. 3 cats remaining to complete my cat collection in Neko Atsume, now all gone. Damn it. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a fix for it?? This has never happened to me prior to upgrading to Marshmallow..
    01-27-2016 06:37 PM
    This has happened 3 times now. 1st 2 times, only my settings got erased (vibrate on text input, ringtones, widgets getting deleted) so I said, fine, I could live with it. This morning, I woke up and booted my phone to find out that 1 month's worth of apps got deleted. It's like the phone restored to a previous point in time. What the hell. The save files for my games, all gone. My Pocket Mortys file, gone. 3 cats remaining to complete my cat collection in Neko Atsume, now all gone. Damn it. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a fix for it?? This has never happened to me prior to upgrading to Marshmallow..
    Welcome to Android Central!

Try booting in to recovery and wiping the partition cache. That might clear up any errors from the update. If that does not fix it you might have to do a factory reset. A lot of times after a major update things tend to get a little screwy and a factory reset fixes it.

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-10672
    02-02-2016 07:13 AM