Had Samsung S5 for over a year and never had this issue until today, tried to watch videos that I have filmed with the phones own camera which get automatically stored into the gallery, but for some reason all videos just show a black screen with "can't play video" in the centre of screen.
    I've dont the usual turn off and on but still no change.
    very annoying can anyone help?
    01-28-2016 11:01 AM
    which get automatically stored into the gallery
    Displayed by Gallery - Gallery itself has no specific place to store anything. It displays any files it can show which, in my case with video files, I'm always asked which app to use to view them. (I never hit the Always button, I've always used the Just Once, so it always asked.) Use Default App Manager to find out what your default video player is, clear the default (it's there at the top of the screen, it'll take you to the right page in the app manager), find which app plays the videos (find a video with a file manager, like My Files, tap it and it'll ask which app to use - try them until you find one that works), then set that as the default for that type of file. (It's the extension, not "video", that's the "type".)
    01-28-2016 12:32 PM
    I've had the same issue on my S5 show up in the past few days. Must have been an update that was pushed through. Any fix would be appreciated.

For the record Rubkat's suggestion isn't the issue (though thanks for trying). It has nothing to do with default apps it seems.
    01-29-2016 09:58 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! I have seen some reports that a recent Google+ update is responsible. Try uninstalling Google+ (or its updates), and then reinstall it.
    01-31-2016 03:10 AM