Camera Keeps Shaking (Hardware Fault)

hell911

May 5, 2012
Visit site
I have Nexus 5 which is already 2 years old. Few days ago the camera started shaking and makes weird noises, feels like the hardware is loose inside.

Here is the video with the sound, please suggest what can be done. Thanks

In the video, my hand is steady and the phone is steady, just the camera is shaking, pls watch :(

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
The noise is most probably coming from the lens while the image stabilization is being incorporated. You might try going into your camera settings and disabling image stabilization just to see if the effect goes away. Can't be sure if it's a camera problem or software problem so you might need to take it into a repair shop to have it looked at.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I agree with nahoku. The camera modules (front and back) are only about US$10 each, but you have to allow for some profit to the shop and a charge for the labor. But it's not a terribly expensive job, even for both cameras (although it's probably only th main ne that's doing that shaking)..

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Perhaps video calling doesn't use image stabilization. Did you try the suggestion of disabling image stabilization in your camera settings to see if the effect will stop?

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
im using nexus 5, i don't think there is an option to disable auto focus/image stabilization
Yup, according to searches, the Nexus 5 can't disable the OIS. There is a reported OIS bug in older 4.4.2 OS that was supposedly fixed in 4.4.3 and above. I'm not sure what version OS you're running or if an update will fix your issue though. If you're still on 4.4.2, you might try updating your phone.

hell911

May 5, 2012
Visit site
Yup, according to searches, the Nexus 5 can't disable the OIS. There is a reported OIS bug in older 4.4.2 OS that was supposedly fixed in 4.4.3 and above. I'm not sure what version OS you're running or if an update will fix your issue though. If you're still on 4.4.2, you might try updating your phone.

I have 6.0.1

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Actually, you might be able to try one last thing. Some people, when they experience their screen rotation not working, will give a few sharp raps on the back of the phone/tablet to dislodge a stuck gyro sensor. The camera lens could be slightly misaligned and a few small whacks in the lens area might set it right again. Nothing to lose at this point if you're going to send it in for repair anyways. Just thought I'd throw this last ditch idea out. Good luck!

hell911

May 5, 2012
Visit site
Just saw a video on youtube about replacing the camera, its not complicated. i think im gonna go with that and replace it by myself.. too bad its gonna take 3-4 weeks to get the delivery.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Just saw a video on youtube about replacing the camera, its not complicated. i think im gonna go with that and replace it by myself.. too bad its gonna take 3-4 weeks to get the delivery.
I watched a vid on youtube too and the guy was using a metal tool and tweezers to work on the phone. I'm an engineer and I highly recommend plastic tools! LOL! Good luck!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol