I was at work today, phone was working great but was in my pocket most of the day.

When I got in my truck to leave and looked at my phone, the screen was completely black but LED light still worked, I still get sound when I receive messages, and I can hear my phone when it screen shots.

I noticed there is a small crack in the left corner of the screen (not sure where it came from or when it happened) but I don't feel like that should just make the screen completely black.

Unfortunately, I didn't get insurance through AT&T, but I also didn't expect an the active to break so easily.

Has anyone had this problem and been able to fix it? I've tried doing the 10-15 second restart by using the volume button and home button and have tried plugging it into the computer and into wall charger as well and nothing.
    01-28-2016 10:38 PM
    I was at work today, phone was working great but was in my pocket most of the day.

When I got in my truck to leave and looked at my phone, the screen was completely black but LED light still worked, I still get sound when I receive messages, and I can hear my phone when it screen shots.

I noticed there is a small crack in the left corner of the screen (not sure where it came from or when it happened) but I don't feel like that should just make the screen completely black.

Unfortunately, I didn't get insurance through AT&T, but I also didn't expect an the active to break so easily.

Has anyone had this problem and been able to fix it? I've tried doing the 10-15 second restart by using the volume button and home button and have tried plugging it into the computer and into wall charger as well and nothing.
    Welcome to Android Central!

You should be able to power it off by holding the power button and the volume down button form about 15 seconds. That should power the phone off and then you can try powering it back on. Did you have the phone in your pocket with the screen facing out? A lot of times that is how the screens get messed up. Hit the edge of something and not even notice it was your phone. I try to make sure the phone is in my pocket with the screen facing my leg vs outwards.
    02-03-2016 07:24 AM