The phone was automatically prompted to update the software. The update failed and now the phone stuck at android recovery, and willl not eve go back to factory setting, even after claearing the cachee.

How do i get it to start working again.
    01-29-2016 05:52 AM
    Google has chosen to use an update method that can do that. (We had one that couldn't mess up back in 1989, so why they don't write something like that is beyond my comprehension - I can write software, but I can't analyze humans).

Since your carrier sent you an update that broke your phone, it's their liability. Bring it into their repair center (or corporate store or wherever that carrier repairs phones) and ask them to fix it. If they can successfully reflash the update, you're done. If not, you might have to call tech support and keep asking for the person's supervisor (then that person's supervisor, then etc.) until you get someone who knows the difference between "warranty" and "liability". This is a liability issue - they broke your phone, so they get to fix or replace it. (I've had it done a few times, so have others. But you have to politely insist on it being handled as a liability issue. If you don't speak up, they're not going to offer. When you get someone who says they can replace your phone, say "thank you" and wait for the new phone.

(I hope you always keep everything important backed up to something other than the phone itself.)
    01-29-2016 02:25 PM