As in the question, my S4 mini seems to be dead.
    Few days ago I got a 'blank sd card or wrong file system' message (or something alone those lines) so i took the micro sd off. Today i decided to put my mum's in to see if it worked fine, so i turned my phone off, batter off, put the sd in and as the contacts of my battery touched the phone it got started on its own. i didn't really pay attention to it to be honest, but basically, since that moment on, it won't turn on in any way. everytime, as i place the battery in, the white logo saying 'samsung galaxy s4 mini' appears then the screen goes black and the phone is basically turned off. i tried to press the power button of course but nothing happens at all.
    i had a look online and i read right on your forum about recovery and download mode, but none of them works.
    please is there anything else i can do? i quite put my mind at peace about having to get a new phone, but i wish i could turn it on once to back up by datas!!
    oh, and one of the first times, when i connected the charger it DID start charging and i turned it on. but (STUPIDLY) i restarted it to take my mother's sd off without thinking of the backup and it didnt turn on since then.

please please please anything i can do?
    01-29-2016 08:32 AM
    If it turned on immediately after inserting the battery your power button is stuck. Tapping the device against a hard surface can some time free it
    01-29-2016 08:35 AM
    Thank you. I tried that too both now and earlier (forgot to mention, sorry) but nothing.
    I read online that when the power button is stuck it should keep turning on and off without stopping, but mine just tries 'once'. Could it still be that?
    Also, something i never really considered much in the past but could make sense now, it did happen to turn itself off and back on sometimes. it could happen a few times in a row and then go without it for ages. could it be a 'proof' of problems due to the power button?
    Oh and sometimes i wasnt able to take screenshots or restart it by keeping the button pressed (itd lock the screen only) and the only way to solve it was taking the battery off and place it back, then everything was fine.
    Thank you again
    01-29-2016 08:43 AM
    Yes, eventually the device will not boot so I'm pretty sure that's your problem.
    01-29-2016 08:52 AM
    How can i 'unstuck' the button? Shall i bring it to a local samsung centre or?
    01-29-2016 09:41 AM
    You could do it yourself with good soldering skills. IMHO it would be safer to get it done professionally. If you have a local Samsung Service Centre that would be ideal as they should be able to confirm the diagnosis if they can examine the phone. Best of luck
    01-29-2016 09:56 AM
    Thank you a lot. I tried to contact a centre in here and on the phone they said 'nothing we can do' when i explained my problem, so i dont have my hopes up to be honest. i tried to look for a tutorial but theres ONE screw i cant get out and im scared of making the whole thing even worse, so im gonna have a walk to the centre in person to see if i find anyone a bit more skilled than the one i spoke to, lol. in case i dont get the button sorted, can i still get my datas back? itd be really important as part of my uni work is in there (should have backed up i know... :/)
    01-29-2016 09:59 AM
    You will need that phone to be working to retrieve any data. Are there any independent electronic shops that could help?
    01-29-2016 10:04 AM
    I called the service centre of my country that gave me a link to find the nearest basically (which isnt in a 50km area sigh) . so no 'official' samsung one. i'm gonna go to a couple of shops that normally work with phones in half an hour though, i really hope to get stuff off of the phone memory at least.
    01-29-2016 10:10 AM
    There are a lot of tutorials how to do it and you should be able to get the part cheaply. Someone with reasonable soldering skills could do that in minutes. I would print off some tutorials and take them with you so they can see what is involved.
    BTW check out posts 23 & 24 here, it may work Broken power button, is there any other way to turn the phone on?
    01-29-2016 10:16 AM
    Thank you for all the hints and support. Funny enough when i decided i was done with it and i was gonna take it to the shop i threw it on my bed and it worked ahah. i managed to backup all of my datas at last. i'll still have to sort the problem out but at least i know every file is safe. thank you!
    anon(632115) likes this.
    01-29-2016 10:54 AM
    That's fantastic news
    01-29-2016 11:37 AM