Can't get past sync with a gmail account after I reset my alcatel one touch fierce xl

A

AC Question

I reset my alcatel one touch fierce xl and after phone rebooted I selected language selected wifi network no prob then it says sync with gmail did and it goes to enter password I do and then it just keeps going back to the screen to enter email can anybody tell me how to get past this

Johnshome

Oct 23, 2016
Visit site
I am having a very similar problem wiyh my Alcatel One touch. I had just purchased the phone and had set it up completely. I had watched a youtube video. I thought it would help my experience if I put an SD card in it. Iinserted a used SD card an d the phone gave me a message that the card was damaged. I thought I was formatting the SD card but ended up restting the phone. Upon the phone restarting it the first message was the phone had been reset and to enter the gmail account previously synced to the phone. I enter my gmail account. Then move forward to themessage to enter my password which I do then press the forward key and then there is is a spinning circle in the middle of the screen. Ihave repeated this process many times. I have the correct information but cannot get past this point. The SD card is out. I do not have a second part of protection on my gmail account. Alcatel does not have an answer and says the phone is faulty however I see a few people here with the same problem. I have logged in and out of gmail with other devices and have not changed my password anytime in the recent past. I have been as detailed as i can, looking for a solution..thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Can you clarify -- did you actually turn off 2-step authentication for your Google account temporarily while trying to log back into the phone? And did you get the phone brand new, or was it a used device?

Mungo77

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
B Diddy with all due respect, the turning off two step verify isnt working. Reset doesnt work either. Im stuck almost two months with issue.

Mine was new, luckily I have another phone, I tried admin reset through google acct too, looked like was going to work. It looks like after soo many attempts a disable code is sent to phone, then you get the network unavail issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

HelpPleaseImStuck

Nov 4, 2016
Visit site
Re: Can't get past sync with a gmail account after I reset my alcatel one touch

I have an Alcatel one touch. I have factory reset it multiple times and it says, "sign in on an account that has been previously synced on this device." I do not know the previous owner, I got the phone from my dad's friend. I asked him and he had no idea. I just need to bypass the account sign in. Also, I've tried using my account info an it won't work. I've double checked to see if everything was typed correctly and my account is active. I use it everyday. If you can help, I would appreciate it. Thank you

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Can't get past sync with a gmail account after I reset my alcatel one touch

I have an Alcatel one touch. I have factory reset it multiple times and it says, "sign in on an account that has been previously synced on this device." I do not know the previous owner, I got the phone from my dad's friend. I asked him and he had no idea. I just need to bypass the account sign in. Also, I've tried using my account info an it won't work. I've double checked to see if everything was typed correctly and my account is active. I use it everyday. If you can help, I would appreciate it. Thank you

Welcome to Android Central! Unfortunately, Pugs1957 is correct. This is Google's Factory Reset Protection, which requires a person to properly remove his or her Google account from the phone prior to doing a factory reset. If the Google account isn't properly removed, that's flagged by the system as a potentially unauthorized factory reset, and it therefore prompts the user to enter that Google account's name and password. This is intended to discourage thieves from stealing a phone and doing a simple factory reset to make it their own.

Sorry, but we can't allow discussions on how to bypass security features.

Maya Plz

Dec 9, 2016
Visit site
I am having a very similar problem with my Alcatel One touch. I just got this phone Tuesday. Yesterday or the day before, my older sister put the SD card in for me. It worked fine up until this morning. It said that the SD card was damaged and asked me if I wanted to format it. And for some strange reason, my phone reset. The first thing that popped up told me that my phone had reset and that I had to sign into the gmail account that had previously been synced to my phone. Which was simple enough. I entered my gmail and enter my password. Then this spinning circle appeared on the next screen. It spun for a long time and then went back to the previous screen saying that Google couldn't be accessed or something. I repeated the process, reset the phone, changed networks, removed the battery, changed my password, etc. I know my information is correct because my gmail was used to create this. I just can't get past the spinning circle. The SD card is still out and 2-step verification is off (I never use it). Alcatel can't or won't help. I see a lot of people with similar problems though. My gmail information is right. It's been several hours since this all started too. I have no idea what to do so can someone please help? Thank you.

plantmatter

Mar 5, 2017
Visit site
Hi People.

I think I have uncovered most of what is happening with my Alcatel device.

The device after hard-reset is wanting "the original account logged into the device"
at which point you enter your google username and password and it is error-ing a flag to the device (for a yet unknown reason).
once that occurs, most of us try logging in somewhere else, and possibly changing the password.
once the password is changed you have to wait 24 Hours, or it will continue giving that message.

Important: If you reset your Google Account password and need to do a factory reset, wait 24 hours after changing your password to reset your device. For security purposes, you can't use an account to set up a device after reset if that password was changed within 24 hours.
so wait a whole day and try your login process again.
:cool:

boobear31076

Mar 5, 2017
Visit site
My son messed up his pattern lock enough times that it factory reset his Alcatel pixie Avion phone. Wifi is connected, did the Google account info and still get error message to sign in using owners account that was synced to the device. His account info is correct because I can sign into it through my phone. Need help because he had a homework assignment that he needs the phone for.

Kahlen Hendershot

Apr 27, 2017
Visit site
Re: Can't get past sync with a gmail account after I reset my alcatel tru

Welcome to Android Central! Where are you entering your credentials? Is this during the Setup Wizard, after powering on the phone for the very first time? Or have you been using the phone for a while, and suddenly it won't recognize your unlock password/PIN?

my phone did the exact same thing, the password i sat there forever thinking i was insane and forgot my password then i thought some one hacked my phone or had changed the password then i reset my phone and this problem acured with the "sign in with account that's synced to this phone" plz help i have know clue what to do.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Can't get past sync with a gmail account after I reset my alcatel tru

my phone did the exact same thing, the password i sat there forever thinking i was insane and forgot my password then i thought some one hacked my phone or had changed the password then i reset my phone and this problem acured with the "sign in with account that's synced to this phone" plz help i have know clue what to do.

Welcome to Android Central! As has been discussed previously in this thread, it's asking you for the Google username and password of the account that was logged into the phone prior to the factory reset. If this wasn't originally your phone, it might still have been logged in under the previous owner's account. A factory reset without first removing that account is treated as an unauthorized factory reset, and requires you to enter the account information of that previous owner.

Did you get this phone used or brand new?

mlrogers

May 25, 2013
Visit site
My son did a reset of his phone in his pocket somehow and now it won't let him sign in. I've changed his password and that seems to be recognized, but then it asks to enter the accout that was originally assigned to this phone. Well, he bought the phone brand new, so I'm not sure how to get it back to working. His account has the 2-step authentication turned off, BTW.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It sounds like Google's Factory Reset Protection, which is triggered when a factory reset is done without first removing the primary Google account from the phone. When this happens, you have to enter that same Google account and password right after the reset, in order to progress to the Setup Wizard.

Which password did you change -- his Google account password? If so, then you have to wait 24 hrs before you try to sign back into the phone with that Google account.

CrimsonTitan

Jul 11, 2017
Visit site
My problem is identical. I've had my Alcatel One-touch for a while now, got fed up with the horrendously small amount of space, and got an SD card to expand a bit. I put it in, and when i turned my phone on, it told me the SD card was damaged, and prompted that i format the SD card. Unbeknownst to me, it reset my phone entirely. I went through the Wi-Fi, all the introductions, etc., and whenever i enter my G-mail account username and password, the ring pops up for like 5 minutes, then, lo and behold, it tells me that google can't be accessed, and to try again later. Bear in mind that i am using my original G-mail account that was originally used to sync with this phone, and I've not once ever had 2-step verification activated. Could i please get a hand here

DeadSilence1062

Aug 2, 2017
Visit site
I bought this Alcatel 5044R phone off of my friends, friend and it was factory reset, I cannot log in to my gmail account, the only way I can use it is if I sign in with a previous gmail account synced to the phone how can I log into this phone with my email?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I bought this Alcatel 5044R phone off of my friends, friend and it was factory reset, I cannot log in to my gmail account, the only way I can use it is if I sign in with a previous gmail account synced to the phone how can I log into this phone with my email?

You can't. Without that info the phone will remain unusable. It's a security feature. If you can't get those account details, get a refund.

alphad0g12

Sep 25, 2017
Visit site
this is how you completely get around the Google log-in issue.
So you can't log in to the google account linked to your phone? no problem.
IN THE PASSWORD FIELD of gmail log in: type 'settings'
highlight the word settings. then go to your swype keyboard, and swype from the very bottom left to the 'S'.
That is, when 'settings' is highlighted, swype from the picture of the hand swyping to the 'S' key. it will bring up your "search" bar.
in your search bar type settings. access the settings. go to the accounts page, and then click on the function that allows you to completely erase all google accounts from your phone. then do a factory reset and you're golden.

If you really want to thank me, check out my music on soundcloud - 'xalsnikpoh'

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21