Can't get past sync with a gmail account after I reset my alcatel one touch fierce xl

A

AC Question

I reset my alcatel one touch fierce xl and after phone rebooted I selected language selected wifi network no prob then it says sync with gmail did and it goes to enter password I do and then it just keeps going back to the screen to enter email can anybody tell me how to get past this

chrism8527

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
I did change my password only because u thought that was why it was doing it but that's not it because after I put password in I get an email from google sayin that I logged in on the android but as soon as I put in the password the phone says checking info then goes right bAck to enter gmail screen

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
By reboot do you mean factory reset? If so attempt another as there's may have been a glitch with your first attempt and a new attempt should capture that issue. Also be sure you are getting data, over WiFi or thru network. Also and I know this is really basic, thank you for understanding I'm trying to cover all bases, but be sure your information is being entered correctly. Address and password. I can't tell you how many times I've left out a character or fat fingered one. If you don't have success reply for more help.

Posted via the Android Central App

Lissa Lisa

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
After reading seems I am not the only one experiencing this. Metropcs was no help. I am simply changing devices. I have changed devices many times, and never have I encountered this this overkill, exhausting
Problem troubleshooting my Google account. What if I didn't have a Google account ? THEN WHAT? PLEASE HELP ME BY PASS GOOGLE ACCOUNT FOR THIS PHONE. THANK YOU

No. I have a Google account that I have NOT changed my password on, and it still is not letting me bypass this annoying step into using my phone . ..

Last edited by a moderator:

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Well as you almost forgot that you had a Google account please verify that you are entering the information correctly by logging in online from another device. This will do two things, it will verify you do actually remember your account information and that the account is still active. Read Google's TOS, if accounts are inactive long enough they turn them off, even if the owner doesn't unsubscribe. If you find that you're not able to login from another device and resetting the password doesn't work, you should be able to figure out what to do from there.

Lissa Lisa

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
I do have a Google account, that I CAN get into. I was speaking hypothetically...

So you elaborated on how I "didnt know" if I had a Google or not...which I DO, AND CAN GET IN TO.
NOW THEN, THE PROBLEM STILL IS THIS...I CAN NOT BY PASS THE GOOGLE ACCOUNT PHASE TO GET TO MY PHONE..AND USE MY PHONE OR ANYTHING FOR THAT MATTER. ON THIS DEVICE. ALCATEL FIERCE XL.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I do have a Google account, that I CAN get into. I was speaking hypothetically...

So you elaborated on how I "didnt know" if I had a Google or not...which I DO, AND CAN GET IN TO.
NOW THEN, THE PROBLEM STILL IS THIS...I CAN NOT BY PASS THE GOOGLE ACCOUNT PHASE TO GET TO MY PHONE..AND USE MY PHONE OR ANYTHING FOR THAT MATTER. ON THIS DEVICE. ALCATEL FIERCE XL.

Not sure why you're yelling at people trying to help you but for all I care you just Google the answer. This is an old thread and the OP got what they needed so bug off. Oh and Google will let you have an account using an email from another client, aol, Yahoo... But unfortunately they won't let you use their services without an account, so people without one SIGN-UP FOR ONE.

Lissa Lisa

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
YOU NEED TO STICK TO WHAT YOU KNOW GAMES!
.IN FACT YOU'RE A COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME!!!
"Google the answer??"
You mean "Google the question"

Wow anyone taking advice from you has got to be playing video games as you do!!!
Back to your vids...da!!!!

Lol

btw..I CAN USE ALL CAPS IF I LIKE

No, not true...at all!!! Where do you get your information? Let me guess.. VidJunky... lol

Last edited by a moderator:

1Shourtney

Jul 31, 2016
Visit site
Someone please help me.. My little cousin put my sim card in backwards, I set up my brand new phone I bought from Wal-Mart and had it working fine with apps that use wifi but it wasn't sending text messages or anything that used my phone service. When I took my battery out and realized my sim card was in backwards I switch it around, put it in properly and then turned my phone on but it factory resest itself and now I can't sign into my google account and I tried using my same password but it didn't work so I changed my password and tried again but that still didn't work, it gave me a notice that said "Please sign in usuing one of the owner's accounts for this device" and now my brand new cell phone is stuck on the set up screen and I just got it yesterday, I've wasted since 9am trying to figure this out and nothing google and youtube has suggested that should work, hasn't worked for my phone and I even tried downloading Sidesync and that pop up window that's supposed to show up giving you the chrome broswer option doesn't show up

LauraB_97

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
I am having a similar issue with my Alcatel one touch A520L, I enter my correct credentials and try to sign it but after a few minutes it just says "Can't access to Google, try again later!" I have a stable Wifi connection but this has been going on for a few hours now. I'd very much appreciate any help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Someone please help me.. My little cousin put my sim card in backwards, I set up my brand new phone I bought from Wal-Mart and had it working fine with apps that use wifi but it wasn't sending text messages or anything that used my phone service. When I took my battery out and realized my sim card was in backwards I switch it around, put it in properly and then turned my phone on but it factory resest itself and now I can't sign into my google account and I tried using my same password but it didn't work so I changed my password and tried again but that still didn't work, it gave me a notice that said "Please sign in usuing one of the owner's accounts for this device" and now my brand new cell phone is stuck on the set up screen and I just got it yesterday, I've wasted since 9am trying to figure this out and nothing google and youtube has suggested that should work, hasn't worked for my phone and I even tried downloading Sidesync and that pop up window that's supposed to show up giving you the chrome broswer option doesn't show up

Welcome to Android Central! It's odd that the phone would do a factory reset after reinserting the SIM card the correct way. But in any case, you'll have to wait 72 hours before you can try logging in again, since you changed your Google password. If you still have problems in 72 hours, then make sure your 2 step authentication is turned off (temporarily) while you log in.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I am having a similar issue with my Alcatel one touch A520L, I enter my correct credentials and try to sign it but after a few minutes it just says "Can't access to Google, try again later!" I have a stable Wifi connection but this has been going on for a few hours now. I'd very much appreciate any help.

Welcome to Android Central! Where are you entering your credentials? Is this during the Setup Wizard, after powering on the phone for the very first time? Or have you been using the phone for a while, and suddenly it won't recognize your unlock password/PIN?

raymond daniel1

Oct 16, 2016
Visit site
By reboot do you mean factory reset? If so attempt another as there's may have been a glitch with your first attempt and a new attempt should capture that issue. Also be sure you are getting data, over WiFi or thru network. Also and I know this is really basic, thank you for understanding I'm trying to cover all bases, but be sure your information is being entered correctly. Address and password. I can't tell you how many times I've left out a character or fat fingered one. If you don't have success reply for more help.

I need help google won't help an Alcatel won't

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21