I can't send picture texts on messaging. It tells mms fail. Do I need to go to a setting to make this work right?
    01-30-2016 10:54 AM
    You need to check the file size is not higher than your provider will allow
    01-30-2016 11:05 AM
    What device do you have? Had it always done this or is it a new issue? What app are you using? How long have your had the device?
    Typically this occurs when you have too many texts in your SMS app and/or your cache needs to be cleaned up, but there can be other causes. If you're toting a few thousand texts and MMS messages try deleting some. If you're concerned about losing texts there are several backup options at the PS. You maybe able to get your ability back by deleting a few hundred but I would recommend deleting as many as possible. This may clear up your issue and if you only delete a few it will just come back that much faster.
    Typically your device will delete cache information during a power down cycle or restart. I'd opt for the complete power down and power on over restarting because it's a more complete cycle. If restarting doesn't help there are plenty of cache cleaned at the PS also. Find one you like and run it then uninstall it. You can also just go thru your app list in settings, apps, all and go one by one deleting caches for your most used apps. This is time consuming and hit or miss as you may over look some of the heavy hitters, Facebook, email, and SMS are top of the list if you choose this method but I wouldn't stop there.
    Other issues that can cause MMS to fail are attempting to send over WiFi with data disabled. Some phones will but most will not allow MMS over WiFi your carrier can affect this as well.
    The size of the MMS can cause this. While most apps will tell you the file is too big and offer solutions others may not. A good way to test this is to use the attach function in your SMS app to attach a photo or voice recoding. Typically the app will cap you at it's limit but your carrier can also affect this limit.
    Anti virus, memory, and battery saver apps can cause this issue too. These apps can shutdown resources and put unnecessarily low limits on things to reach their goal. Any such app should be uninstalled or disabled if pre-installed. Android is not likely to suffer from a virus due to its design, look up sandboxed OS. Memory and battery saver apps usually cost you more of both than they save. These apps will close the same app over and over while your system restarts them again and again using up your valuable resources. None of them really work so why bother.
    There maybe other issues but you will need to answer the questions to dive into it more.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-30-2016 11:22 AM