Every now and then when I receive txt message with a picture it shows up black and white. The original pic is in color. I have a s5 and my wife has a s3. But prior to my s5 I also had a s3. Did it on that phone as well. Happens if I use hangouts, messages, messenger.
    muarif_granat likes this.
    02-01-2016 09:56 PM
    Very strange, so it happened on the S3 and S5 that you had, was your carrier the same for both phones? it's the only thing I can think of that links the two devices together.

Does it happen all the time, I know that when the S5 goes into power saving mode the whole phone goes black and white to reserve power, but I would imagine you would have noticed that
    02-02-2016 03:06 AM
    Very strange, so it happened on the S3 and S5 that you had, was your carrier the same for both phones? it's the only thing I can think of that links the two devices together.

Does it happen all the time, I know that when the S5 goes into power saving mode the whole phone goes black and white to reserve power, but I would imagine you would have noticed that
    We had Verizon with the original s3, but now we have straight talk I got a new phone and she kept her old one. So the only thing that stayed the same is her phone. Funny thing is, it's not all the pictures just some, no rhyme or reason.
    02-02-2016 03:11 AM
    We had Verizon with the original s3, but now we have straight talk I got a new phone and she kept her old one. So the only thing that stayed the same is her phone. Funny thing is, it's not all the pictures just some, no rhyme or reason.
    Very strange - I'll ask about and see if anyone has heard of this issue before
    02-02-2016 03:36 AM
    So has this happened only while you were on Straight Talk or when you were on VZW also?

Does it happen with multiple contacts or just one contact in particular?
    02-02-2016 03:50 AM
    No it was a issue with vz as well. And I don't do a lot of text so the only person I notice it with is my wife. Thanks for any help as I have always thought it was something on her s3 but can't find anything. She has tried hangouts and the stock messaging app on the s3 and it made no difference. Still would get the same pics in black and white
    02-02-2016 04:15 AM
    No it was a issue with vz as well. And I don't do a lot of text so the only person I notice it with is my wife. Thanks for any help as I have always thought it was something on her s3 but can't find anything. She has tried hangouts and the stock messaging app on the s3 and it made no difference. Still would get the same pics in black and white
    02-02-2016 04:33 AM
    Well it sounds like it has something to do with her device. Unfortunately, I'm not sure of a fix. The original picture is in color correct?

Odd question but is there a possibility that your wife is just messing with you and every so often sends a black and white picture? Lol
    02-02-2016 04:46 AM
    Trust me I have checked I thought that as well lol. Thanks for the reply and the help
    02-02-2016 04:51 AM
    You may update your device which still runs on KitKat.
    02-03-2016 08:32 AM