Pictures show in black and white

firem2

Nov 22, 2013
plus.google.com
Every now and then when I receive txt message with a picture it shows up black and white. The original pic is in color. I have a s5 and my wife has a s3. But prior to my s5 I also had a s3. Did it on that phone as well. Happens if I use hangouts, messages, messenger.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Very strange, so it happened on the S3 and S5 that you had, was your carrier the same for both phones? it's the only thing I can think of that links the two devices together.

Does it happen all the time, I know that when the S5 goes into power saving mode the whole phone goes black and white to reserve power, but I would imagine you would have noticed that :)

firem2

Nov 22, 2013
plus.google.com
Very strange, so it happened on the S3 and S5 that you had, was your carrier the same for both phones? it's the only thing I can think of that links the two devices together.

Does it happen all the time, I know that when the S5 goes into power saving mode the whole phone goes black and white to reserve power, but I would imagine you would have noticed that :)
We had Verizon with the original s3, but now we have straight talk I got a new phone and she kept her old one. So the only thing that stayed the same is her phone. Funny thing is, it's not all the pictures just some, no rhyme or reason.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
We had Verizon with the original s3, but now we have straight talk I got a new phone and she kept her old one. So the only thing that stayed the same is her phone. Funny thing is, it's not all the pictures just some, no rhyme or reason.

Very strange - I'll ask about and see if anyone has heard of this issue before :)

firem2

Nov 22, 2013
plus.google.com
No it was a issue with vz as well. And I don't do a lot of text so the only person I notice it with is my wife. Thanks for any help as I have always thought it was something on her s3 but can't find anything. She has tried hangouts and the stock messaging app on the s3 and it made no difference. Still would get the same pics in black and white

firem2

Nov 22, 2013
plus.google.com
No it was a issue with vz as well. And I don't do a lot of text so the only person I notice it with is my wife. Thanks for any help as I have always thought it was something on her s3 but can't find anything. She has tried hangouts and the stock messaging app on the s3 and it made no difference. Still would get the same pics in black and white
2d4bbe1297688f9eb2f7e649262ec964.jpg

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Well it sounds like it has something to do with her device. Unfortunately, I'm not sure of a fix. The original picture is in color correct?

Odd question but is there a possibility that your wife is just messing with you and every so often sends a black and white picture? Lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12