A couple questions about Google Play Music

Asriel Dreemurr

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
I have 2 problems that I'm experiencing that both have to do with Google's Music app.

Firstly, some songs that I have on my phone only play select parts of the song. If I try to play Not Today or Tear In My Heart by twenty one pilots, only the chorus and the background beat will play, and nothing else. Even when I should be hearing the verses, it only plays a background beat. Strangely, it only happens with these 2 songs (that I know of, I haven't tried every one of my songs yet). I've tried to find a solution, but Google hasn't yielded anything thus far.

My other issue is that some songs that I didn't buy through Google Play will sound horrible through my earbuds. Not all of my MP3s do this, only a select few. It might also be an earbud issue, mine are pretty crappy.

If anyone has any solutions or has experienced these, please help me out.

EDIT: The issues seem to have fixed themselves. I'm good now.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! First, make sure the earbud plug is pushed in all the way. Some plugs might be pretty tight, and people might be a bit too ginger when plugging it in. Make sure you feel or hear it click into place.

Second, got to Play Music's settings, select Equalizer, and turn it off. Sometimes EQ (and perhaps the Surround Sound option) can make things sound significantly softer or distorted.

Also, do those two songs sound like that if you stream them via Google Play Music, rather than playing the locally saved copies?

Asriel Dreemurr

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! First, make sure the earbud plug is pushed in all the way. Some plugs might be pretty tight, and people might be a bit too ginger when plugging it in. Make sure you feel or hear it click into place.

Second, got to Play Music's settings, select Equalizer, and turn it off. Sometimes EQ (and perhaps the Surround Sound option) can make things sound significantly softer or distorted.

Also, do those two songs sound like that if you stream them via Google Play Music, rather than playing the locally saved copies?
The plug is definitely secure, and the TØP songs sound like that whether I play them through Google Play or not.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463