Missed call notifications from blocked numbers

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I've blocked a few numbers through the people app. Luckily most have stopped calling. There is one however who very persistent and once or twice a month will call. No problem right, I blocked the number. Wrong. Even though the phone doesn't ring I'm still notified of their call because it pops up in the notification bar asking if I want to continue to send their calls to voicemail. I have Google Voice and set it up to reject their calls forwarded there so no chance at a VM as long as they use their number, went too Big Red and blocked unknown numbers but they only allow a limited number of blocked numbers and this contact has at least 4, granted some may not work any longer but which ones do? I'm not sure. I've seen apps recommended that block calls or block notifications from apps but I'd rather not install something to do this one thing, seriously. Anyway I can block the notifications from the People app in my settings right now with nothing but then I'm losing all People app notifications. At this point all I see is an app or block everything, I'm hoping there's something I'm overlooking and someone can help.

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What method of blocking are you using? If you create a contact for that person and include all of the numbers, then tap the Menu button and select All Calls to Voicemail, does that help? Or is that what you're doing already, and the phone is still asking you if you really want the call to go to voicemail?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, that's what I'm doing now. It won't let the phone ring but after the call I get a notification asking if I want to continue to send their call to voicemail or begin accepting them. I would just like to never know that they even attempted to call.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34