I have a galaxy s6 active that I, unfortunately, somehow cracked the screen on. Now the screen doesn't work though I can still receive calls and texts, I just can't answer or see who they're from. I have an insurance plan and a replacement phone is in the mail. However, I have to mail my damaged phone back to them. I am going to pull the sims card out and put it in the new phone but I have info saved to the actual phone itself that I don't necessarily want anyone to have access to. I've read instructions on how to do a hard factory reset but since my screen doesn't work, I can't do that. Can I do it another way, or maybe access all the info through my laptop? I've had to do this before with an iphone and I just transferred all the important stuff to my laptop, then using the computer, erased the phone. Thank you for any help you may be able to give me!
    02-04-2016 04:19 PM
    You can copy anything you see on the computer to the computer.

As far as your data, the first thing the insurance tech does is a factory reset. (Most companies will fire a tech on the spot if he's caught working on a phone that hasn't been reset on arrival, even if it means plugging in a spare screen for a minute - and the techs know it.)
    02-04-2016 06:39 PM