i have a Samsung which i have used more than 2 years, now i found my phoneis really stuck.May be because i really like to take photo and install app.
    And my friend suggest me to add a SD card?
    I really do know how to choose SD card, and what size is ok?
    And did i need to change a phone ?
    really confused now, hope someone can help me
    02-04-2016 09:06 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! First, tell us which Samsung phone you have.

When you say your phone is stuck, be more specific. Is it lagging a lot or slowing down? Is it freezing a lot?

SD cards won't do a lot to speed a phone up. They're primarily for storage of media files like photos, videos, or music files--but this may help you free up some internal storage on the phone, if you've been getting Low Memory warnings, because you could move all of your photos to the SD card.
    02-05-2016 12:33 AM
    Really thank you for your reply.
    And I am very sorry for Vague description.It is my first time to post question here.
    I have the J5008, and i think is may because my photo are too much to make my phone always lagging. Some also will be stuck, it is really annoyed.

So i think may be I need to change my SD card.
    02-05-2016 12:46 AM
    You can move all your photos and music (and videos - any data) to the SD card, freeing up space on the phone itself. Also, if the SD card is an old Class 4 or Class 6 card, it's probably too slow - a Class 10 (or U1 - it's the same thing, but they changed the numbering scheme because the old one would have had us using large numbers soon) will speed things up a little - and the smaller ones (16GB and 32GB) aren't very expensive any more.
    02-05-2016 08:03 AM
    A couple of other things you can try:

1. Clear all app caches, in case they have become huge. Caches contain temporary data for apps that generally speed up app performance, but if the caches become too big, you might start running low in internal storage. Go to Settings>Storage, tap Cached Data, and see if there is an option to clear the caches.

2. Clear the system cache partition, which is where temporary system data is stored. No personal data will be lost. Power the phone down, then follow the steps in this video starting at 1:45--but instead of selecting Factory Reset, make sure you select Wipe Cache Partition.

3. If you have Clean Master or any other "RAM booster" apps installed, uninstall them immediately. These kinds of apps often work counter to how Android is designed to work, and although they might cause some short-term gains in performance, they will usually end up making performance worse.
    02-05-2016 11:37 PM
    Hi ,thank you for your help and suggestion.I will try it .
    02-13-2016 08:06 PM