Hi,

So I'm about to upgrade from my s4 - tossing up between the s6 and s5.

One of my main factors is battery life, and I heard the s5 had good battery life when it was released, but with the Lollipop update it doesn't last as long (I think I had the same problem on my s4 with Lollipop).

My question is - is this because the phones are old and can't handle the updates as well, or is this just because Lollipop itself sucked for battery life, and if so, is it likely to be improved with Marshmallow, or is it likely to struggle with that as well, being an older system? (This is leaving out features like Doze etc, which will obviously help battery life, I just mean Marshmallow in general).

Hope that makes sense and thanks for any help,

Will.
    02-05-2016 05:07 AM
    Welcome.

The S5 is nothing like old enough to be troubled by current system upgrades, but I recommend joining as a member so that you can discuss these things with other users of the device in the S5 forum. You'll be welcome.
    Welcome.

The S5 is nothing like old enough to be troubled by current system upgrades, but I recommend joining as a member so that you can discuss these things with other users of the device in the S5 forum. You'll be welcome.
    02-05-2016 06:17 AM