Was using my S Pen on my Note 5 to pick items in a game and it suddenly stopped picking up items. so tried it on other things and it no longer shows the little 'T' symbol you to use handwriting and places such as writing SMS messages. When I detach the pen Air Command opens and when I touch a menu item with the pen nothing happens. But when I touch the screen with the pen - aside the Air Command menu - it works as normal: Air Command diminishes to the floating icon and I see whatever is underneath.

When I touch the pen to the floating icon it responds (changes colour) but doesn't open the menu!

Clicking the pen button no longer opens the Air Command menu.

The little round circle still displays when the pen hovers over the screen.

The pen no longer writes on the note you can interact with during screen lock.

The pen still allows me to select items in a game but only if I am extremely precise and it's slower than before.

I've restarted. Replaced the stylus. Cleared system cache. Turned all the Motion interactions off that might have conflicted with it. Turned the Air Command settings on / off.

Haven't adjusted sensitivity yet as that seems doubtful given the handwriting option has disappeared which is not a sensitivity thing.

And no, I did not put the pen in backwards.

Is my S Pen dead??
    02-05-2016 04:57 PM
    Well it's either the pen or the phone... can't tell which. You might make a visit to a retail store somewhere to test both pen and phone. You'll get a really quick confirmation there.
    02-05-2016 05:31 PM
    That sucks. Yeah I would have that checked out. Let us know how it goes
    02-05-2016 08:52 PM