My phone has become non-responsive to touch. I believe the fault is a small crack above the face buttons, but it's been there for months and I'm only starting to have issues.

It is a rooted phone. Could software be the cause?

If I factory reset the phone, would this remove the root so I could get a replacement unit that functioned correctly? (I need to know this, I'd like to keep the phone. )
    - If I do have to factory reset, is there any way to backup my photos/files without my screen?

I have tried several methods to fix it. No dice.

Are there any methods to fix it?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I've also had a problem where the phone would press down in a different place then where I touched the screen, forcing me to reboot it. This happened a couple months before the death of the screen.

If I have to get a replacement, is there any way I could back up my data without the screen?
    02-06-2016 01:00 AM
    My phone has become non-responsive to touch. I believe the fault is a small crack above the face buttons, but it's been there for months and I'm only starting to have issues.

It is a rooted phone. Could software be the cause?

If I factory reset the phone, would this remove the root so I could get a replacement unit that functioned correctly? (I need to know this, I'd like to keep the phone. )
    - If I do have to factory reset, is there any way to backup my photos/files without my screen?

I have tried several methods to fix it. No dice.

Are there any methods to fix it?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I've also had a problem where the phone would press down in a different place then where I touched the screen, forcing me to reboot it. This happened a couple months before the death of the screen.

If I have to get a replacement, is there any way I could back up my data without the screen?
    Welcome to Android Central!

You should be able to back up most of your data with out having to touch the screen.
    02-10-2016 07:36 AM