Are there any android phones that seamlessly incorporate SD card?

A

AC Question

I've been using Nokia windows phones for quite a few years now. I love them but the lack of app support is getting old. I purchased a refurbished galaxy s5 recently to try out android. The are a few little things I don't like compared to my Nokias but one major thing is the use of an SD card. When you use an SD card in a Nokia you barely notice it's there in the sense that it seems to become part of the phone's memory. This galaxy s5 though doesn't integrate the SD Memory very well. Do many apps won't work right or even at all if moved to the SD card. Auto update likes to move apps back to the phone memory on its own. My main question is whether or not this is an android issue or just samsung? I'd like to get a newer android but not sure which to get.

maclancer

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
Not all apps will be able to install in the SD card. The main feature of the SD card in Android is the ability to save your pics, videos, files, etc. There is a way to make the SD as part of the phone memory but I believe it require to be rooted.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Correct. It would require root. There's several reasons why Android doesn't treat SD cards like your Windows Nokia. The most obvious...

1. Poor reliability. Lotsa bogus cards on the market. Even genuine cards have an unacceptable failure rate for system processes.
2. Speed. Slows performance.
3. Removal/replacement.

IOW, Android would get the blame for the card's shortcomings. Not gonna happen.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
praestrudtulle