Trying to transfer my files from Galaxy Alpha to mac and every time I transfer more than 1 file the phone disconnects with 2 messages popping up ''Could not replace file - Could not copy file 'xyz.jpg.'" and "Can't access device storage - If your device's screen is locked, disconnect its USB cable, unlock your screen, and then reconnect the USB cable'.

No Kies installed
    File transfer enabled (MTP)
    Cable is Samsung manufacturer original.

Ideas?
    02-06-2016 10:21 AM
    Are you plugging the phone into a USB hub, or directly into the Mac? If it's a hub, it's one that can't handle a lot of data at once and is probably overheating and shutting the connection.

If you're plugging directly into the Mac, try doing it by wifi instead. Install WiFi File Transfer (it's free), run Safari on the Mac, and copy the files over to the Mac. (Kies for the Mac is a kind of kluge port - it kind of works, but sometimes causes problems. Kies did too, so it's a port of a not-always-working program. I may have used it twice for anything other than installing the driver. I can think of 4 easier ways to copy files from a phone off the top of my head, and none of them are too good - but any of them is better than Kies.)
    02-06-2016 08:41 PM