my galaxy s5 won't come on when I swipe screen

A

AC Question

two arrows pop up from the phone icon and the camera icon. I swipe but it won't respond.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The touchscreen could be damaged, a drop could have knocked a connector loose, condensation could have damaged something. Have you tried powering it off, then turning it on again? If that doesn't do it, it has to go into the shop.

Kim Riggins

Feb 8, 2016
Visit site
Mine started doing this with the newest update. It's ridiculous. It was fine before the update and I have taken pristine care of the device. I would love to perform a cache wipe but seeing as how I CAN'T GET THE SCREEN TO COME ON, that seems to be a bit of a problem. The worst part is that I've seen all sorts of stuff all over the internet about this problem and, as far as I can tell, Samsung has refused to address the issue. Maybe I should just go back to iphone, even though I hate it. But it would appear that Samsung is more interested in forcing me to buy a new phone than actually doing anything to fix this problem. I'm sick of it. I've been trying for half an hour now to get my phone screen to come back on. I've popped the battery out. I've taken the sd card out. Nothing works. I can hear it come on, and the menu and back buttons light up, but the screen stays black. Your phone is a POS and, although I was planning on getting the GS7 when it comes out, now I'm thinking that might not be such a great idea. This is BS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol