I recently noticed that my contacts on my android phone - I think most were entered manually and saved via Microsoft Exchange - have disappeared from the contacts list. Microsoft Exchange seems to be syncing and indeed my emails are undisturbed, but all contacts are gone and my text messages from contacts now have only the number displayed as if the contacts were deleted. I noticed this problem occurred with the transfer of my hotmail account to the new Outlook Mail, which is known to have many bugs, by a quick googling of my problem. I've tried changing the syncing options, removed and re-added my Microsoft Exchange account to my phone, all to no avail. I never had this problem before; it's only happened this one time and I have no idea why. I realize there are many questions like this already posted here, but I've tried the solutions suggested (everything from deleting cache, restarting phone (!), removing Google and Microsoft Exchange accounts and re-adding, etc. Nothing has worked yet.

I need my contacts back; how do I go about doing this? Thanks in advance.
    02-06-2016 06:23 PM