My digitizer stopped working after I jumped into the ocean with my Galaxy S3. The phone still boots and displays data showing that notifications are being added, etc. but doesn't respond to touch. I purchased a refurbished S3 but would like to be able to access some data from my old S3 before discarding it.
    I tried taking the circuit board from my old S3 and inserting it in my new one but found that it wouldn't fit because apparently there are different models of S3, perhaps because my old one was from T-Mobile and the new one is from Verizon. The components are placed differently on the circuit board and it won't mount onto the new phone's frame.
    Early on, I remember seeing a video showing someone connecting the digitizer plug from the first phone onto the board of a second phone and using the first phone's digitizer to operate the second phone. But I haven't been able to find that video and would like to see the details before attempting it myself.

Can anyone offer any help (e.g., a link to that video or instructions on how to make that connection)?
    02-06-2016 08:59 PM
    Having not received any responses to my above question, I decided to experiment to find out whether I could simply attach the cable from my refurbished phone to the digitizer port on the old phone, put a battery in the old phone and turn that phone on. Voila...it worked! I was able to use the digitizer screen on the refurb phone to access the data on my old phone, sending it by email to myself and then retrieving it on the refurb phone after re-plugging in the digitizer. I discovered that I didn't need to put a battery in the refurb phone during the transfer, only in the old phone, and that plugging in the digitizer cable was all that was required.

Hope this proves to be helpful to others.
    02-08-2016 03:40 PM
    Well done!
    Sorry there was no reply, but thank you for your feedback and welcome as a new member.
    02-08-2016 06:03 PM