Web Browsing on Chrome and Clicked link on ESPN and Popped Up Warnings...

A

AC Question

I was on ESPN on my android (Note5) and clicked on a link below the story itself which was in ref to Star Wars film rumors and all of a sudden my screen lit up with a warning of some kind that even referenced my device info (physical model number and when I did image searches of stuff not a single one has the reference of a phone model at all so I am quite concerned) and it made my phone vibrate once. I did panic and clicked back twice and nothing happened other than the page tried to reopen again and again when it popped up some Verizon and McAfee bit about the site potentially having issues. I then clicked the window button and closed that tab and cleaned the cache. I downloaded Avast and Malwarebytes and ran them, but nothing turned up. Before that I hadn't downloaded any apps or even updated any for a bit. Concerned I have a virus, trojan, or something else on my phone and I'm about to trash the phone and buy a new one. I also started to have issues getting emails on my phone as well unless I force the sync/download myself and then they appear and could be 5+ hours old. Wish I hadn't panicked and screen capped it, but I didn't unfortunately. Hopefully someone may know or have and idea, but we'll see.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz