I have a new Moto G 3rd gen running 5.1.1.

I have downloaded some files and they appear in the Downloads app.

I want to move them into folders but I cannot do this from within Downloads. Neither can I see the files using ES File Explorer or when viewing the Moto file structure from my Mac. They are not in the downloads folder.

Any advice would be really welcome. Where are they?!
    02-07-2016 09:12 AM
    I like to use ASUS's file manager for this you can get it on the Play Store. I have ES File Explorer too but its interface is confusing, I find ASUS's file manager easier to understand. WHen you open it up you'll see the download folder, go into it, long press the file to check-mark it, use the three dots to select move... etc
    02-07-2016 10:29 AM
    Hi - thanks for that.

I've used ES File Explorer for years on my Nexus 4 to move stuff from the download folder - and recently I have tried the Asus app. I agree the latter's interface is easier.

But - sadly - I'm talking about the files in the Moto G's Downloads app rather than the download folder. I did track the files down eventually and found them in android > data > com.google.android.apps.docs > cache > projector!

But - another but - their names bear no relation to the name of the downloaded file - just a random set of alpha numerics.

However I can rename them and move them with ES File Explorer, but it's a bit of a slog.
    02-08-2016 09:03 AM
    Well here's a workround...

I created a shortcut to the ...projector folder.

So now when I download something that ends up there I can easily get to it with ES File Explorer and rename and move it.

But if anyone has a way of redirecting downloads to the download folder rather than the Downloads app that would be great.
    02-08-2016 09:16 AM