I have a picasa image on my samsung s5 gallery and it wont be deleted and is taking space.

A

AC Question

I hate picasa. It is so stubborn. I accidentally accepted it out of haste and now I regret it. I don't recommend picasa to anyone. I feel sorry for myself and anyone who uses it. There were like four pictures total because I have two different google account but one picture remains even though I deleted it from picasa and google drive images. I don't know what to do. I tried everything from syncing picasa and all that but that one image remains. Please help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Picasa refers to photos in your Google Photos in the cloud. Picasa was acquired by Google years ago and folded into Google Photos. The name Picasa persists only on certain devices that use it to designate photos in your stock Gallery that are actually in your Google Photos cloud.

If a photo is in the cloud, it's not actually taking up much storage on your phone, except for a small thumbnail. It will only take up the full amount of space if you actually download the photo from the cloud to your internal storage. Otherwise, it's just like viewing your cloud photos on the Google Photos website. If you want to delete the photo in the cloud, go to your Google Photos website and delete the photo there (or use the Google Photos app to delete it).

If you want to keep the photo in the cloud, but just don't want to display it in the stock Gallery app, then go to Settings>Accounts-Google>[your account] and uncheck Gallery or Picasa (depending on what you see there). If you don't see it there, then go to Settings>Accounts-Samsung and uncheck Gallery or Picasa if you see it.

zuben el genubi

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
What's the file extension on the picture? Picasa used to create a database file and kept thumbnails of all the pictures in there. If it says it's a db, then it's a thumbnail and the last time I had one, had to log into Google Dashboard to get rid of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress