why no android pay ?

need4speed12

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
Hello. I was wondering if you guys might be able to tell me why my note 3 isn't able to use android pay or Samsung pay ? I don't get it because I thought I needed NFC and I do but it says my device isn't compatible. Fyi - you all do a fantastic job. Love your work. Please keep up the excellent work ! You should make a app for the Gear S !!!

Posted via the Android Central App

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Hello. I was wondering if you guys might be able to tell me why my note 3 isn't able to use android pay or Samsung pay ? I don't get it because I thought I needed NFC and I do but it says my device isn't compatible. Fyi - you all do a fantastic job. Love your work. Please keep up the excellent work ! You should make a app for the Gear S !!!

Posted via the Android Central App

Hi, the NFC chip Samsung used in the Note 3 isn't compatible with the mobile payments system that Pay uses sadly.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
As noted by the previous 2 posters, the Note 3 doesn't include the correct technology. Android Pay requires NFC with Host Card Emulation (HCE), the Note 3 does not have this. At least one carrier offered a SIM card with the correct NFC in it. It also does not have the part needed for Samsung Pay to work.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz