I am a Verizon customer currently using Samsung Note 5. It is my daily driver, but I'd like to pick up the Nexus 6p to use as well. Can I switch between the 2 using one Sim card? For instance, use my Note at work and the 6p after hours or when I go out? Is it as simple as just swapping the Sim card from one phone to the other and then back again?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-08-2016 08:40 AM
    If you were on AT&T or TMo, it would be that simple. As for Verizon, I am not sure, but am asking around.

Edit: It looks like you can, if you have established line before buying the device.
    http://www.androidcentral.com/yup-ne...k-fine-verizon
    02-08-2016 09:24 AM
    I checked the Verizon Wireless comm forums to check.... Yes, the Nexus 6P and 5X are both supported devices on the VZW network. And unlike the headaches that early owners of the Nexus 6 had, you don't have to jump through hoops. Either pop in an activated card, or you can even activate a card via My Verizon, calling or going to the store.

Poking around, it seems that VoLTE also works.... you just have to make sure it is both enabled on your account and on the phone. (https://productforums.google.com/for...us/tnstOiOoh4M)
    02-08-2016 09:31 AM
    Thanks for the responses. To follow-up: can I swap sim card between phones easily? From my Note 5 to the 6P and back again? Or am I going to have to activate each phone every time I insert the sim card and set the phone up from scratch? I'd like to have two phones on the same line so I can switch them up.
    02-08-2016 10:20 AM
    Once the SIM is activated, it's permanent. You should be able to swap it back and forth without much fuss.
    02-08-2016 11:41 AM
    Great. Thanks for the info and help. I think I'll order the 6P right now.
    02-08-2016 12:19 PM