I got a Nexus phone in November, upgraded from an iPhone, and I'm on Google Project Fi. I hate the look and feel of the stock messenger, so I downloaded, and paid for, the upgrade in Textra. Love it.

Everything works well, except, there is one, single contact, that I can't send a message to about 80% of the time. She can send me messages no problem, and I don't have any other issues with any other contacts. She does not have, nor has ever had an iPhone, so it's not an iMessage thing. I can text her in the stock messenger with no issue.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled Textra. Cleared the cash, force stopped it. Nothing seems to help.

I know the simple answer here is "dont use Textra". But I want to. :-(
    Messenger is ugly.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-08-2016 11:12 PM
    Was your Nexus bought unlocked by carrier?

I had pretty much the same problem with Textra on an unlocked phone. Only difference - instead of project FI, I'm on Tmobile. There was no rhyme or reason to the problem. Went to TMO store, the reps there could text and send, couldn't get texts from TMO itself - like the bill paid receipts. Couldn't get texts from friends on Sprint. TMO couldn't figure it out - forum for phone had no help, and neither did some fora.

I'm wondering if it's the unlocked part of the phone. I have ATT and probably Canadian bands on mine as it's listed for North America.

Had to use the default text - however, I also use Nova Prime and Nova has a notifier that does work.

I also had to use the default text on a Nexus 4, (rooted). Textra and Chomp would just plain quit after 500 messages. I'd forget to clean them out - would clean them out, then performance from both Textra and Chomp would be funny. Phone was also purchased unlocked.

I've been with TMO for over 8 years.
    02-09-2016 09:11 AM