I have 20gbs of used storage in my miscellaneous files folder on my galaxy note, its currently taking up more than half of my system storage and i cant even download the new system update. I've tried deleting apps that i no longer use but all that's left are the ones i use everyday.
    02-09-2016 07:23 AM
    How about pictures and videos?
    Those take more space then anything else.
    Download pictures and videos to an external source, restart the phone and check how much storage you have.
    02-09-2016 08:57 AM
    My Misc Folder shows 8.65 GB. The bulk of which is the OS. For sure, what is shown in this folder doesn't add up to what is shown for it's size. I do know (first hand) that if you delete some items in the Misc folder, like S-Note, you stand to lose all your S-Note data. You need to be careful what you delete in this folder.

I've also seen that the size of the Misc folder, directly after a factory reset, can change. I can't remember off-hand how much it changed, but I've seen it do it. Having said that, if you're willing to back up all your data and go though the PITA process of a factory reset, then you may be able to bring the size down. Will it be worth it? I have no idea.

Personally, if it were me, I would do a factory reset. While a PITA, you'll end up with a clean phone, and you can update it right away after the reset. Then you can reinstall only those apps that you use and then all your backup data. Yup, PITA for sure... but clean phone!

Note... be sure to disable auto-update in Playstore before you factory reset. If not, Playstore may reinstall all your apps directly after the reset.
    02-09-2016 09:12 AM