I am in the process of moving over to straight talk and looking at new devices. We have decided to replace my wife's iphone 5s with an android device. I was all set on the Moto G 3rd edition but then saw that is lacks a gyroscope. Here is what I would like to get<br /><br />1. Must have a really good camera. Most of what she uses her phone for is taking pictures, especially of the kids<br />2. Not too big but not too small. 5 to 5.2 inches. Nothing below 5 and no 5.5 screens<br />3. Expandable memory<br />4. Stable. She used to everything just working so nothing with spotty software.<br />5. Lollipop or better<br />6. Water resistant would be great but not a deal breaker<br />7. ATT towers<br />8. Under $300 either new or used.<br /><br />Sony keeps coming up as a good possible choice<br /><br />Thanks
    02-10-2016 12:04 PM
    Why do you require a gyroscope? Just curious since looking at the criteria you listed, there are only going to be so many phones on the list... with the Moto G being one of the better phones on it.
    02-10-2016 01:37 PM
    A gyroscope is a toy that keeps its axis of spin from moving even if pressure is applied to rotate it.

If you mean a GPS, the phone has one.

Water resistance is difficult to come by for your price, unless you use the boaters' trick - put the phone into a ziplock bag. Zip it shut. Put that bag, zipper-first, into another ziplock bag. Zip it shut. If you use the right bags, the phone will be waterproof down to more than 10 feet (as deep as I've tested any - I don't dive any more). Definitely enough if it's dropped into a puddle or used during a downpour so heavy that you might drown. And the plastic carries sound nicely. (It takes a few seconds to take the phone out if there's no water around, in case a picture opportunity comes up.)
    02-10-2016 04:39 PM