Why isn't the ANDROID FILE TRANSFER recognizing my CAMERA folder from MY PICTURES on my LG3?

A

AC Question

I just downloaded ANDROID FILE TRANSFER. All I want to do is move my pictures from my CAMERA "album" from my LG3 to my MAC. It is recognizing the other picture/gallery "albums" such as DOWNLOADS and FACEBOOK, but not MY CAMERA. Am I missing a step? Help!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Try running WiFi File Transfer on the phone and Safari (or the browser of your choice) on th Mac. You should have access to all user (not system) files.

To the phone, a folder with a file in it named .nomedia prevents media apps from seeing any files in that folder or its subfolders. Also, some photo apps, if they mark a folder as hidden, prevent other apps from seeing them. WiFi File Transfer isn't a media app, so it ignores all that.

(Just plugging the phone into the Mac should do the same thing, though - the Mac should be able to see the folders if you're looking at the phone as if it were just another hard drive (without using any phone file transfer programs).