Receiving more spam and want to block
    02-11-2016 03:30 PM
    Which email app are you using?
    I've used GMail and it has it's own spam filter which works great.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-11-2016 04:15 PM
    Even the GMail filter a) isn't that great (it's not adaptive) and b) still keeps the spam, just marks it as being in a spam folder. Some day someone will write a Bayesian email filter for Android, like POPfile, and spam emails will be a thing of the past on phones, the way they are on desktops and laptops now (I haven't seen one in a few years).
    02-11-2016 06:31 PM
    I was about to post the same query, I have the S5 phone and a Galaxy tablet also. The amount of SPAM that I received has really increased dramatically recently, the standard EMail program (oooops sorry 'App') takes ages to add a new SPAM address to its filter (often easier to write down and type in).

On the laptop I use Outlook and Norton, most SPAM is recognised because I have the address in the filter and new addresses only take a couple of clicks to add to the filter.

I use GMail for a small amount of mail but most comes to my own EMail address.

You cannot even add partial domains, I have often found that most of SPAM comes from similar addresses. At the moment it I nearly all from *.TOP but I cannot add that to the filter.

Is there anything that I can use to filter out all this SPAM without having to copy and paste every SPAM address?
    03-22-2016 07:37 PM