I have a Asus Memopad hd 7 173x , what i want to do to save space on the main tablet is move some Apps game apps to the Micro SD card , i have manged to get them to move , but when i look at the SD card they are not on there .
    I decided to take the card out and put it into my laptop to see if they show , and yes they do don' understand why don't they show on the tablet .They are in android-secure folder and can be seen on the laptop but says no files on the tablet.
    Am i doing something wrong , it says move to micro sd and it moves them , then says , move to tablet just in case i want them back ,
    Why can't i get them to show on the tablet when i go into the sd card files , i can see pictures i have moved to there
    02-12-2016 05:42 AM
    The apps themselves aren't moved, parts of them are - small parts usually. And a link is left in internal storage for each part. (That's how Android works - it was never designed to install entire apps to the SD card.)

The reason you can't see the files in the tablet is that they have no read permission for others, just owner and group. And the app that the pieces come from is the owner and usually the only member of the group. You, as "other", have no permissions, so you can't even see the files. (That's a Linux thing.)

You don't usually save much internal storage by "moving" apps to the card.
    02-12-2016 05:34 PM