Problem usine two Android phones Bluetooth in Subaru Legacy 2016

A

AC Question

We just bought a Subaru Legacy with the advanced navigation package. I paired my DROID4 and my wife's LG Cosmos 3 to the phone function in the nav package. Only one phone at a time is connected. If the Cosmos is connected and a call come in on the DROID, the DROID rings and I have to make multiple selections on the touch screen to disconnect the Cosmos and connect the DROID.
I'm getting an error message from the Subaru that the DROID is refusing the Bluetooth connection. How do I fix that?
Suggestions welcome.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi there. Unfortunately most car systems behave this way. You can only have ONE device connected at a time for each function. That means that you can have one device connected as Media, and one connected as Phone (or only one device connected as both) but not two devices to the same mode at the same time. Also, most cars will connect to the last device that was connected to them if several of the paired devices are present (in my car if I use my work iPhone I have to disconnect it and re-connect my personal Note 5 or the next time I get into the car it'll connect to the iPhone automatically).

If your Droid is refusing the connection there might have been an issue with the permissions granted (usually when first pairing it asks if you allow the car's system to access messages, contacts, etc.). Try 'forgetting' the car system in your phone and re-pairing to see if the message pops up again.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It's not just "most car systems", it's how Bluetooth is designed - it's one to one, not one to many.

Oh, didn't know that... guess I have a faulty speaker then (my cheapo shower speaker will let my tablet and phone connect and the same time AND play music at the same time... it's choppy and garbled when it happens though, so I guess it is a buggy BT implementation? )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty