Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5.
    Purchased: July 1. 2015. Used, on eBay. Like new condition.

How can a battery's charge holding capacity be tested?

My battery seems to be dying faster than it used to; but I'm not sure; and I don't know if it's attributable to using more apps and features now.

I rarely ever got through a whole day without charging it; but it seems to be discharging even faster lately. I don't use it for a lot of calls. I use it for internet access often. I listen to audiobooks. I play no games. I watch video sometimes, usually on youtube, and some news broadcasts.

Also lately, it has been charging very slowly though the original Samsung charger. Maybe that's a separate problem.

Simultaneously and conversely: It seems to be charging unusually fast on the car charger. That adds to my speculation that the battery may not be holding a charge equal to it's original design.
    02-13-2016 01:46 PM
    Difficult to tell what could be causing your problems. Could be the battery, could be your usage. Whatever the case, spare batteries are cheap to buy. A lot of people seem to like Anker batteries and there are many good reports. A pair of Anker's, with an external charger, will only cost $23 on Amazon.
    02-13-2016 03:55 PM