My phone's been causing me trouble lately. I can't download the system update so I'm take the easy route and deciding to factory reset my phone. I'm just here to ask how I should prepare. Like any suggestions as to how I should backup? I have music and photos that I would really like to keep and maybe a few notes. So anybody got anyway I can back all that important stuff up?

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-13-2016 11:42 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! I assume you have an LG Stylo, which you mentioned in your other post.

For music and photos, I suggest connecting the phone to your computer via USB, and using Windows Explorer to drag and drop your music files and photos to the computer hard drive. You should be doing something like this for your photos on a regular basis anyway, and not just keeping them on the phone, if they're important to you. Phone storage is not fail-safe, and besides that, phones get lost as well. Always keep your important data backed up regularly, either to your computer or to the cloud. You should also consider turning on Google Photos Auto Backup.

Which notes app are you using? If it's a stock Notes app from LG, there might not be an easy way to back them up. Open the app and see if there's an option to back up notes, or share them somewhere.

Have you also tried LG Bridge? You can backup your phone this way, and I think you can also update your system with it. You can find the download here: http://www.lg.com/us/support/product...reinstall-apps
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-14-2016 12:08 AM