SD card unexpectedly removed

A

AC Question

Okay, so i have a Samsung Galaxy S5 mini, have had an SD cars for months now, and now all of a sudden my phone keeps coming up with "SD card unexpectedly removed" will sometimes then say "preparing SD card" but will always come up with the check battery ect thing, I have no idea why it has just started doing this now, it will do it at random times, sometimes I'm not even using the phone then I unlock it and I have a message about the SD card, and it happens alot! 7 times within half hour today.

Jazziemon

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
Hey, thanks for replying, I have just done the check and it says there were no problems found, but will see if it happens again this afternoon, it's already happened no less than 10 times this morning :/ haha

Jazziemon

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
UPDATE: I have tried a different SD card in my phone (my dads one) and put the SD card from mine into my dads phone, left them in for about an hour, both phones where fine, no errors, put the SD card back into my phone and I have the error message keep coming up again...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if there's some corrupt data file that one of your apps is trying to use, and since your father's phone probably doesn't have the same app, the problem isn't occurring. Try this:

1. Move all apps back to Internal Storage. Go to the App Manager and select each app that's been moved to the SD card, and tap Move to Phone.
2. Backup all other data (like photos, music, etc.) from the card to your computer. (This might be most easily done by Unmounting the card and putting it into your computer again.)
3. Now reformat the card.
4. Move the apps back to the SD card that you had there before.

Does the problem persist?