I asked this in a few places around the web with no luck so far...

I am trying to send videos to my friends iPhones (recent generations like a 6 or 6S) and have them play them back on their iPhones. We want to do this at work where we only have access to a locked down Windows 7 pc (and Windows Explorer) or through wifi file transfer methods

I only have experience using Android phones (unless you want to count Symbian devices from the last decade) and have been able to do this either with apps like Superbeam (transfer directly via wifi), or through a portable wifi router, or via OTG cable. I am hitting roadblocks on the iOS side.

We got files to copy over by having them use an iOS app for my HooToo Tripmate Elite wifi router and a flashdrive plugged into it, and they can see the files on the flashdrive and 'download' them to the phone. But if they try to opening it natively in the iPhone they get an error that the phone doesn't know what to do with the file.

I had them install VLC for iOS but that app can't find the files they downloaded.

I just want to be like, "Hey, I have some videos, you want them?" and be able to send them real quick (in like 5-10 minutes or so) to the iPhone friends like I can with my Android friends.

Has anyone been able to do this? Thanks!
    02-17-2016 07:03 PM
    Have you tried asking on our sister site, iMore: Ask a Question - iPhone, iPad, iPod Forums at iMore.com
    02-18-2016 09:17 AM
    Have you tried asking on our sister site, iMore: Ask a Question - iPhone, iPad, iPod Forums at iMore.com
    Yes I did, Transfer video files from Android to an iPhone without a computer? - iPhone, iPad, iPod Forums at iMore.com

I got a form letter type of response from a mod about the file formats that the iPhone can support. That answer does not acknowledge that an app from the iTuines store may solve our problem.

Huawei says my Nexus 6P does not support x265 files for example but with an app like VLC or MX Player I can play those with no issues. I get a notification saying that one of my flashdrives is not supported when I plug it in with the OTG USB C cable I bought with my phone, but Nexus Media Importer can access and let me copy, move and edit file names.

Has no one been able to transfer a video to an iPhone from an Android phone or from a wifi router with flash storage attached, and gotten them to play on the iPhone? And if so, could you provide a quick how-to or link to a how-to? I have been searching but cannot figure this out.

Thanks,
    Yet another Steve (online)
    02-18-2016 03:22 PM
    I asked this in a few places around the web with no luck so far...

I am trying to send videos to my friends iPhones (recent generations like a 6 or 6S) and have them play them back on their iPhones. We want to do this at work where we only have access to a locked down Windows 7 pc (and Windows Explorer) or through wifi file transfer methods

I only have experience using Android phones (unless you want to count Symbian devices from the last decade) and have been able to do this either with apps like Superbeam (transfer directly via wifi), or through a portable wifi router, or via OTG cable. I am hitting roadblocks on the iOS side.

We got files to copy over by having them use an iOS app for my HooToo Tripmate Elite wifi router and a flashdrive plugged into it, and they can see the files on the flashdrive and 'download' them to the phone. But if they try to opening it natively in the iPhone they get an error that the phone doesn't know what to do with the file.

I had them install VLC for iOS but that app can't find the files they downloaded.

I just want to be like, "Hey, I have some videos, you want them?" and be able to send them real quick (in like 5-10 minutes or so) to the iPhone friends like I can with my Android friends.

Has anyone been able to do this? Thanks!

I would just upload the videos to Dropbox or Google Photos and then share them from there.
    02-19-2016 09:26 AM