Why do my downloads on play store say pending but never download?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AC Question

I want to download a game and it says download pending but it never downloads?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Does this happen on both wi-fi and mobile data?

Try going to Settings>Apps>All, select Google Play Store, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. Do the same for Download Manager. Now try again.

If that doesn't work, try going to Settings>Accounts-Google, select your Google account, and remove it completely from the phone. Then add it back again, and see if that helps.

styan44

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem DOWNLOAD PENDING.
I had the impression that I was the only one "sacrified" on this issue ! And I discovered many people are reporting this issue !
What is appallling is that even Google's Advanced customer support technician do NOT have any idea about what is going on !
Let's pray one day someone can find a solution.

MrKrawk

May 26, 2016
Visit site
Just resolved the same issue on my LG phone. The Clear Cache and stop service did not solve my problem.

Apparently Google Play Store decided to never update itself so I had to go to a mirror site to download an updated Play Store App.
On my PC I went to Google Play Store 6.3.16.B-all [0] 2697688 APK Download by Google Inc. - APKMirror - scroll down to find the newest version.

I downloaded the latest file, connected the phone to the PC with the USB cable and dropped the file into the Download folder in the phone's memory, then used File Manager App on the phone, went to the download folder and clicked on the recently downloaded file. You may have to adjust your security settings on the phone at the point to install but your phone will guide you. The updated Google Play Store installed. At this point my pending download became live and there was a slurry of other updates that auto installed as well.
Something must have been stuck somewhere. As I do not maintain data connection all the time perhaps a time critical update was missed?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central, and thanks for your solution! You can always prompt Google Play Store to check for its own updates by opening it, and going to Settings>Build Verision. But then again, if the app itself was glitching, maybe that wouldn't have worked either in your case!

1dayof4

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
I tried your suggesstion but it only worked for one app. Kept trying over and over and it would get stuck. I finally unistalled all updates on the Google Play Store and i dont have the problem of anything getting stuck to update or download anymore. Their recent version must have a major glitch.

Last edited:

1dayof4

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
To further my previous post....there were 2 apps i couldn't get to update. I looked at new permission requests and they both wanted location. I turned on location..then they updated (still running older version of play store after I did uninstall updates for playstore...worked like a charm on over 20 apps...i dusted off an old tablet for my kid)

Status
Not open for further replies.