Silencing text message sound

thevenow

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
I've seen this asked before but not really answered. I have a Galaxy S3 running Android 5.0.1 and it's my work phone. I have a loud and long text notification. I'm in and out of very loud areas all day and I need it on all the time. I have to use a screen lock as it is a work phone and it's required to be a 5 character password. When I'm in an office area or a quiet area at work and I get an incoming call, I can silence the ringer by hitting the volume key without having to unlock my screen. When I get a text message, the side keys won't silence my phone. I have to unlock the screen, swipe down from the top of the screen and acknowledge the message. The whole time I'm unlocking the screen my phone is blaring loudly. Is there an app or setting that would allow me to silence my text notification the same as I silence my phone's ringer?

Posted via the Android Central App

mdxyz

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Not that I know of. But a workaround would be to turn your phone to vibrate when you enter the silence areas. This should work even on the lock screen. Just turn the volume down until it is in vibrate/silent mode.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I've seen this asked before but not really answered. I have a Galaxy S3 running Android 5.0.1 and it's my work phone. I have a loud and long text notification. I'm in and out of very loud areas all day and I need it on all the time. I have to use a screen lock as it is a work phone and it's required to be a 5 character password. When I'm in an office area or a quiet area at work and I get an incoming call, I can silence the ringer by hitting the volume key without having to unlock my screen. When I get a text message, the side keys won't silence my phone. I have to unlock the screen, swipe down from the top of the screen and acknowledge the message. The whole time I'm unlocking the screen my phone is blaring loudly. Is there an app or setting that would allow me to silence my text notification the same as I silence my phone's ringer?

Posted via the Android Central App
I use Audio Guru, with Pro Key. It allows multiple profiles and you can adjust every aspect like media, notifications, system, phone etc. All separately. You can set different days of the week to have different profiles. It works well. I've used it for several years.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s?id=com.jupiterapps.audioguru&token=uSGNPPFc