I bought a new Galaxy Tab S2 8" to replace my Tab4 7". While the screen and aspect ratio is better, I'm finding that I liked KitKat a lot more as an OS. The WiFi in Lollipop isn't nearly as good. Using the two tablets in the exact same place, KitKat got 4/4 bars while Lollipop only gets 3/4. Even at 3/4 bars connecting is spotty at best. Also, those infernal notifications about "optimizing" my apps. I've gone as far as turning the optimizing off to get rid of the constant reminder that it's optimizing and guess what... even off I get notifications that it's optimizing. What the hell is that about? I feel like KitKat was XP, fast, solid and reliable and Lollipop is like Vista... a bold new look to hide the fact that everything is worse. Unfortunately I sold my Tab4, so is there a way to put KitKat on my S2 until I can see if Marshmallow makes things right?
    02-18-2016 01:44 PM
    I think the Tab S2 was released with LP... which means there was no KK firmware written for it. I'm not 100% sure though as I don't own the device. If there's no KK firmware, the only way is to use hacked firmware. You might search XDA forum to see if anyone has done it. You could also check Sammobile to see what firmware is available for your tablet.

I feel like KitKat was XP, fast, solid and reliable and Lollipop is like Vista... a bold new look to hide the fact that everything is worse.
    I like this statement! I still run XP on all my computers. I also have KK locked on my Note 4, and Note 10.1. I understand your sentiments all too well!
    02-18-2016 03:56 PM