1. androider7's Avatar
    Weird question but. My USB has been ripped open at the rubber outline for a while, by the part that plugs into the phone.

    It was charging from my PC, I picked the phone up to move it and must have bent the wire or something. All I saw was a red glowing, felt a sudden surge in heat in the area, and smelled a type of electrical/component burning smell. I quickly unplugged it from my PC to stop it.

    What just happened and are the fumes it let off toxic?
    02-18-2016 07:02 PM
  2. dpham00's Avatar
    I would guess that something got shorted
    02-18-2016 07:21 PM
  3. androider7's Avatar
    I sort of know what you mean.

    How dangerous is it?
    02-18-2016 10:37 PM
  4. dpham00's Avatar
    I sort of know what you mean.

    How dangerous is it?
    If it is a one time thing, I don't think it would be a big deal. I would dispose of it immediately and get a quality replacement.

    Using a damaged or low quality usb cable can cause damage to the device.
    02-19-2016 08:12 AM

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-18-2016, 08:16 PM
  2. S6 is deleting my email from the server, is IMAP not POP3
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-18-2016, 07:01 PM
  3. shared calendar data lost on my computer
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-18-2016, 07:00 PM
  4. How long does it take for an LG 13 to charge?
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-18-2016, 06:12 PM
  5. How many volts does it take to charge a samsung galaxy s3?
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-18-2016, 06:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD