Hello,

I'm having a really weird problem with my Galaxy J5 right now. Yesterday it started with a glitch when showing images, and some applications keep closing down (Google applications such as Chrome, Google Search, etc).

I've already reset my device to factory default and the problem persists.

The glitch appears only when rendering pictures (checking pics in the gallery, browsing the net) and some app icons, but the clock and app menus render just fine. Videos and rear camera work perfectly, the frontal camera shows some pixels when focusing on a human face (but not when focusing on an object).

Here are some expamples: imgur . com/a/khXg4

I've searched the internet for a solution to this problem and I haven't found a single post showing anything similar to this Hopefully I can find a little bit of help here and help others with the same problem!

Device: Galaxy J5
    Model: SM-J500M
    Android version: 5.1.1
    Phone is not rooted and it's been used for a little bit over a month

Thanks for reading...
    02-18-2016 09:19 PM
    I wouldn't call that a "glitch", but rather a serious problem. Looks like the GPU, ram, or screen is messed up. On computers, it's easy to troubleshoot peripherals, but not on phones.

If the phone is new and still under warranty, I would contact where you bought it, or Samsung.

I've already reset my device to factory default and the problem persists.
    Did you do a factory reset in recovery, or in Settings? The reason I ask is if you did it in recovery, then it makes no sense trying to run your phone in safe mode to see if the problem is caused by an app you installed.
    02-18-2016 09:37 PM
    Hi, thanks for your reply.

I did a factory reset in Settings and then the next day I did a reset using Smart Switch. I entered in safe mode but the problem persists

This all started when I tried to check my Gmail using K9 and I would get a certificate error. Then Chrome wouldn't load webpages and when I unblocked the screen I realized that the colors where all messed up

The worst part is that this phone was purchased in another country and brought to me as a present, so I can't take it back to the store, lol.
    02-21-2016 08:20 PM
    Unfortunately this really looks like a hardware failure. Since the phone is new, and as problematic as it might be, I would still attempt to contact the store... at least by email, to see what they say. Also contact Samsung to see if there's a store in your country that will honor their warranty. I'm not familiar with how international stores work, so I can't even speculate how things could turn out.
    02-22-2016 01:38 AM